EJ, how do I get 500,000 followers on Instagram? Today you’ve come to the right place! It is not as hard as you might think. It just takes time and effort. Now, let’s get started with this post.
What is Instagram?
Instagram is a photo and video sharing social networking service owned by Facebook, Inc. It was created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger. It was initially launched exclusively on iOS back in 2010. Now that you know what Instagram is let’s talk about how it works. Today I am going to tell you EJ’s 15 ways to get to half a million followers on Instagram.
- Pick a niche and stick with it: When a surfer arrives at your Instagram account they should get a warm and fuzzy feeling. At a glance they should be able to determine what mood you’re in, your home city, or your occupation. Your Instagram feed should tell a story in that story should be consistent with your brand. If you remember this tip it will go a long way in helping you to create a beautiful and attractive feed.
- Capture good, high-quality focused photos: You can use your SLR or high-end digital camera. Many users are simply opting to use the camera on their iPhone or Samsung galaxy to take beautiful clear images. Regardless of your choice of equipment, make sure that you post only crystal clear high-quality photos and video to post on your feed. I will write another post in the future on editing software to assist you in this process.
- Use the right hashtags: Do not under estimate the importance of this tip. Using the proper hashtags can raise your SEO rankings and make it easier for thousands of followers to find your posts. You can use the (# + keyword) to # your post or you can (@a specific user) to raise awareness of your post. Experiment a bit with your hashtags. Do some research and identify which hashtags work best for your particular niche. Always remember to have fun with them!
- Find others in your community and follow them: The mystery behind social media really isn’t a mystery at all. You will reap what you sow! Find others that have similar interests to yourself and follow them. Smash that like heart icon button and spread some love! Combining these tips and executing two or more of them simultaneously will give you the most traction. You will be on your way to half a million followers before you know it!
- Engage with those you follow: This may seem like an obvious tip but you would be surprised how many Instagram users simply do not do it. Everybody feels good when they get a notification that someone just liked their post – even you! By engaging with those you follow they will be more inclined to reciprocate the gesture and you will been gain access to their followers in turn.
- Scrutinize the images and videos you post: This is a powerful tip. Take some time before you post and analyze your images and videos. Do they fall in line with your consistent story? Are they of high quality? Do they add to or distract from your feed? These questions can help you to identify what you should post and what you should scrap. Remain vigilant and you will create an aesthetic Instagram feed which tells a remarkable story. This is a perfect use case for the phrase “less is more.”
- Keep your account type as personal do not go business: This may sound counterintuitive but hear me out. At some point in order to get views on your images at all Instagram will begin to charge you. The key is to present a feed to your surfers that is authentic and genuine. An organic approach to social media growth is always the best one. Develop a loyal core following by presenting content in a community where you share common interests. I guarantee there or at least a half a million people around the world that share your same interests. Your goal should be to find those individuals and build a lasting social media rapport with that core audience.
- Work on your captions: Writing clear, concise captions will go along way in netting you the dedicated followers you are seeking. Great caption writing will take your post to the next level!
- Post and repost your best content: This is the same strategic concept employed by Hollywood when they reboot movie franchises. Everybody loves the original and if you can re-present a successful idea from the past it is that much better.
- Use Instagram stories on a consistent basis: This is a great way to show some “behind the scenes” less curated content. This will endear you to your core audience and show you as a “real person.” Don’t be shy! Let your personality shine through. People like to feel like they are getting an exclusive backstage view of any production. This will foster a natural attraction to the content you create an post. It will also aide in encouraging you’re core audience to share your posts on their other social media platforms.
- Participate in #followfriday: There are several variations of this concept (#followfriday, #momcrushmonday, #womencrushwednesday, etc.) You get the idea. The goal is to connect with other Instagrammars and share their images and posts with your audience and vice versa. You encourage your followers to share what they like and in that way help to boost other Instagrammers followers. This I’ll great way to draw attention to your feed in the process and encourage those Instagram account users to follow and share your posts also.
- Join or start a comment pod: This is one of the best tips you could implement. This encourages engagement and communication between followers on Instagram. It is important to note that there has been some controversy around this particular tactic as some interpreted to be “cheating the system.” Nevertheless, these are groups of Instagrammars who have committed to like and share each others photos an post as soon as they are able. The algorithm has pushed back larger accounts taking into consideration that new viewers want to see smaller more personalized account images of friends and family.
- Host a giveaway: This tip comes with the caveat. Everyone likes to feel like they are getting a deal and people like free stuff. However, use this tactic in moderation. Don’t give away quality product of your brand and get nothing in return. Always require a “call to action” and make it worth your effort when you host a giveaway.
- Don’t be discouraged by slow points: Every endeavor in life comes with ups and downs. Growing your Instagram following is no different. Employ patience and consistency and you will in times see your number of followers increase.
- Don’t buy followers: No matter which techniques you implement from EJ’s tips, be sure to follow this one. Don’t fall for scams which promise to instantly increase your follower account for a fee. Grow your account organically. If you remain dedicated to the process, you will develop a committed audience which will enjoy the content you post to your feed!
#ejsmarketingtips #Instagram #Socialmediamarketing #GrowthHacking #InternetMarketing #makeyourownlane #MarketingStrategy #SMM #DigitalMarketing #socialselling #marketingtips #SEO #OnlineMarketing